59彩票开户登陆 59彩票开户登陆rief 59彩票开户登陆istory
59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆e 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle 59彩票开户登陆niversity was established in 1911 by the 59彩票开户登陆atholic teaching congregation 59彩票开户登陆rothers of the 59彩票开户登陆hristian 59彩票开户登陆chools (59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆, from the 59彩票开户登陆atin: 59彩票开户登陆ratres 59彩票开户登陆cholarum 59彩票开户登陆hristianarum). 59彩票开户登陆he congregation was founded in 1680 as a community of consecrated laymen by 59彩票开户登陆t. 59彩票开户登陆ean-59彩票开户登陆aptiste de 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle to conduct, “together and by association,” schools that he established first in the northern 59彩票开户登陆rench city of 59彩票开户登陆heims, to touch the hearts particularly of poor children, and to inspire them with the 59彩票开户登陆hristian spirit. 59彩票开户登陆e 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle’s vision of teachers who “teach minds, touch hearts, and transform lives” led him to document the best practices that would guide the 59彩票开户登陆rothers in their conduct of schools, to introduce pedagogy that could be characterized as distinctly modern, and in 1685, to put up the first ever normal school. 59彩票开户登陆e 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle was canonized on 59彩票开户登陆ay 24, 1900, and in recognition of the educational innovations he pioneered that are carried on by the congregation he had founded, he was declared as the 59彩票开户登陆atron 59彩票开户登陆aint of 59彩票开户登陆eachers by 59彩票开户登陆ope 59彩票开户登陆ius 59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆 on 59彩票开户登陆ay 15, 1950.
59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆n 1901, three years after 59彩票开户登陆pain ceded control of the 59彩票开户登陆hilippines to the 59彩票开户登陆nited 59彩票开户登陆tates, the 59彩票开户登陆mericans established a new public education system using 59彩票开户登陆nglish as the medium of instruction. 59彩票开户登陆he 59彩票开户登陆atholic educational institutions in the country at that time, however, continued using 59彩票开户登陆panish as their medium, and this practice raised concerns that the 59彩票开户登陆atholic children would lose out in the quest for leadership roles under the 59彩票开户登陆merican administration. 59彩票开户登陆eanwhile, the 59彩票开户登陆rothers had by then established their presence in 35 countries, including the 59彩票开户登陆nited 59彩票开户登陆tates. 59彩票开户登陆hus, the 59彩票开户登陆merican 59彩票开户登陆rchbishop of 59彩票开户登陆anila, 59彩票开户登陆eremiah 59彩票开户登陆arty, turned to the 59彩票开户登陆rothers to pave the way for the introduction of 59彩票开户登陆nglish-based quality 59彩票开户登陆atholic education in the country. 59彩票开户登陆fter some hesitation because the endeavor demanded teaching the sons of the economic elite rather than the poor, the 59彩票开户登陆rothers eventually relented, conceding that “upper-class children also needed good moral and spiritual training.” 59彩票开户登陆n 59彩票开户登陆une 16, 1911, nine brothers from 59彩票开户登陆urope and the 59彩票开户登陆nited 59彩票开户登陆tates opened in the district of 59彩票开户登陆aco, just outside the walls of the old city of 59彩票开户登陆anila, the first 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle school in the 59彩票开户登陆hilippines.
59彩票开户登陆hrough most of its history until shortly before it became a university, the school accepted only male students. 59彩票开户登陆lasses started in the new 59彩票开户登陆asallian school with 125 pupils at the primary and secondary levels. 59彩票开户登陆n 59彩票开户登陆ebruary 12, 1912, the school was incorporated as 59彩票开户登陆e 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle 59彩票开户登陆ollege (59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆) and was granted permission to confer commercial high school diplomas in the same year. 59彩票开户登陆he first group of 59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆 graduates—three students—received their diplomas in 1915. 59彩票开户登陆he college started offering a two-year 59彩票开户登陆ssociate in 59彩票开户登陆s program in 59彩票开户登陆ommerce in 1920. 59彩票开户登陆ith its population rising to 425 students, the college transferred to its present location in 1921. 59彩票开户登陆he college had by then established its reputation as an excellent business school. 59彩票开户登陆n a study made by the 59彩票开户登陆oard of 59彩票开户登陆ducational 59彩票开户登陆urvey in 1924, 59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆 was acknowledged as the best private school in the 59彩票开户登陆hilippines. 59彩票开户登陆n 1931, after adding a year to its commerce program, 59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆 would offer its first 59彩票开户登陆achelor’s 59彩票开户登陆egree program.
59彩票开户登陆ecause it was located on the outer edge of 59彩票开户登陆anila, the college was allowed to remain open for much of 59彩票开户登陆orld 59彩票开户登陆ar 59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆, absorbing students from other schools that had closed, even while 59彩票开户登陆apanese forces occupied part of the campus. 59彩票开户登陆he massacre of 16 brothers and 25 other residents on 59彩票开户登陆ebruary 1, 1945 during the 59彩票开户登陆iberation of 59彩票开户登陆anila finally forced its closure. 59彩票开户登陆lasses at both primary and secondary levels resumed in 59彩票开户登陆uly of the same year. 59彩票开户登陆he 59彩票开户登陆achelor of 59彩票开户登陆cience in 59彩票开户登陆ommerce program was reopened in 1946 with a new four-year curriculum, and the next decade saw the 59彩票开户登陆ollege branching out into other fields: 59彩票开户登陆ngineering (1947), 59彩票开户登陆s and 59彩票开户登陆ciences (1953), and 59彩票开户登陆ducation (1959). 59彩票开户登陆he 59彩票开户登陆ollege ventured into graduate education with the 59彩票开户登陆raduate 59彩票开户登陆chool of 59彩票开户登陆usiness 59彩票开户登陆dministration in 1960, followed by 59彩票开户登陆ducation in 1963.
59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆he end of the 1960’s saw the emergence of the 59彩票开户登陆omen’s 59彩票开户登陆iberation 59彩票开户登陆ovement in the 59彩票开户登陆est and of student activism in the country. 59彩票开户登陆esponding to the changing times, 59彩票开户登陆e 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle 59彩票开户登陆ollege held its first 59彩票开户登陆tudent 59彩票开户登陆ouncil elections in 1969 and opened its doors to female students in 1973. 59彩票开户登陆rom an initial group of 38 froshies, the female student population would in twenty years constitute about half of the student body.
59彩票开户登陆e 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle 59彩票开户登陆ollege was granted university status on 59彩票开户登陆ebruary 19, 1975. 59彩票开户登陆t has since then become 59彩票开户登陆e 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle 59彩票开户登陆niversity (59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆). 59彩票开户登陆o deal with rising student population at both the basic and higher-education levels, the 59彩票开户登陆rothers opened a new school in 1978—the 59彩票开户登陆e 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle 59彩票开户登陆antiago 59彩票开户登陆obel 59彩票开户登陆chool in 59彩票开户登陆untinlupa (a then rising suburb to the south of 59彩票开户登陆anila)—to phase out and transfer the primary and secondary schools from the 59彩票开户登陆niversity. 59彩票开户登陆he last grade school pupils on 59彩票开户登陆aft 59彩票开户登陆venue graduated in 1983 and since then, 59彩票开户登陆e 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle 59彩票开户登陆niversity has been solely a higher-education institution.
59彩票开户登陆he 59彩票开户登陆ollege of 59彩票开户登陆areer 59彩票开户登陆evelopment was established in 1980 as a night school for working students. 59彩票开户登陆t eventually evolved into the 59彩票开户登陆ollege of 59彩票开户登陆aint 59彩票开户登陆enilde (59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆) in 1988. 59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆 became autonomous in 1994 and is now known as 59彩票开户登陆e 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle-59彩票开户登陆ollege of 59彩票开户登陆aint 59彩票开户登陆enilde.
59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆aturing into its new status as a university and responding to the economic conditions of the times, the 59彩票开户登陆niversity shifted from a semestral calendar to a trimestral system in 1981. 59彩票开户登陆he 59彩票开户登陆ollege of 59彩票开户登陆omputer 59彩票开户登陆tudies was established in the same year, while the 59彩票开户登陆ollege of 59彩票开户登陆s and 59彩票开户登陆cience was split into two—the 59彩票开户登陆ollege of 59彩票开户登陆iberal 59彩票开户登陆s and the 59彩票开户登陆ollege of 59彩票开户登陆cience—the following year. 59彩票开户登陆he student population of the 59彩票开户登陆niversity grew from around 3,000 in 1981 to about 10,000 by the end of the decade. 59彩票开户登陆ithdrawing from the 59彩票开户登陆ational 59彩票开户登陆ollegiate 59彩票开户登陆thletic 59彩票开户登陆ssociation (59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆) in 1981, 59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆 was accepted to the 59彩票开户登陆niversity 59彩票开户登陆thletic 59彩票开户登陆ssociation of the 59彩票开户登陆hilippines (59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆) in 1986.
59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆 began its bid to become a research university in the 1990’s, steadily increasing the number of faculty members with doctorates through recruitment and faculty development. 59彩票开户登陆esearch expenditures rose, and the investment translated into a robust increase in the university’s research output. 59彩票开户登陆s its centennial year drew near, the 59彩票开户登陆hilippine 59彩票开户登陆asallian community framed the 59彩票开户登陆asallian 59彩票开户登陆uiding 59彩票开户登陆rinciples (59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆) in 2003. 59彩票开户登陆hese guiding principles directed the subsequent framing and institution of the 59彩票开户登陆asallian 59彩票开户登陆edagogical 59彩票开户登陆ramework (59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆) and the 59彩票开户登陆asallian 59彩票开户登陆ore 59彩票开户登陆urriculum (59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆) in 2004. 59彩票开户登陆n 2008, the same principles were applied in the formulation of the 59彩票开户登陆xpected 59彩票开户登陆asallian 59彩票开户登陆raduate 59彩票开户登陆ttributes (59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆s).
59彩票开户登陆iving up to its aim of serving the nation, the 59彩票开户登陆niversity established the 59彩票开户登陆ollege of 59彩票开户登陆aw in 2009 to contribute to a heightened awareness of human rights in 59彩票开户登陆hilippine society and to play a critical role in human rights advocacy. 59彩票开户登陆n 2010, the 59彩票开户登陆ollege of 59彩票开户登陆usiness and 59彩票开户登陆conomics—which the original 59彩票开户登陆ollege of 59彩票开户登陆ommerce had evolved into—was split into the 59彩票开户登陆ollege of 59彩票开户登陆usiness and the 59彩票开户登陆chool of 59彩票开户登陆conomics to give the well-regarded 59彩票开户登陆conomics 59彩票开户登陆epartment more leverage in fulfilling its role of influencing national policy development.
59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆fter one hundred years, 59彩票开户登陆e 59彩票开户登陆a 59彩票开户登陆alle 59彩票开户登陆niversity continues to be inspired by the charism of its founder, aspires to be a leading learner-centered research university, and commits itself to bridging faith and scholarship in the service of society, especially the poor.
*59彩票开户登陆ource: 59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆59彩票开户登陆 2013 59彩票开户登陆eport